I don’t know if you’ve checked out any of our small groups yet, but, holy hell are they keeping me honest, accountable to my goals, and inspired.
In the financial planning small group, @janak and @mavenandmom are kicking our a**es with weekly and monthly mini-goals. I’ve gotten way farther than I expected way faster. It all started with coming clean in an even safer space than usual on the site about how screwed up our financial lives were.
We are having an amazing conversation in the small group about imposter syndrome that diagnoses exactly *what* I am feeling an imposter about…somehow narrowing it down and naming it has been extraordinarily therapeutic. Similarly, the small group about founder anxiety is honing in on the “muscle memory” of what you have done well in the past to whittle away self-doubt.
And the quick weeknight meals thread has me planning meals on Monday and has inspired me to get out the slow cooker again.
To join a small group, go to any question thread and click the “join a small group!” button.
Here are a list of some pending ones and some of my favorites and some I wish were more active!
- Is a 6 year old too young for therapy?
- Did you kindergartener just become a raging, emotional jerk all of the sudden?
- What does it mean to be a company “that isn’t a candidate” for venture capital funding?
- Any non-cliche New Years Resolutions out there?
- Do all guys watch porn?
- Divorce and Relocation out of state- Any advice?
- Boss says a raise is not in the budget…but he gave one to someone else…
- How and when do I give notice that I’m not coming back after maternity leave?
- How did you get back to exercise post-partum?
- How do I support a potentially gender fluid daughter?
- Any advice on recovering after a miscarriage with first pregnancy?
- Has anyone in this group found a way to forgive a spouse for infidelity?
- Has anyone tried losing weight via Noom?
- Chairman Mom book club
- Can anyone recommend an online fitness/nutrition program geared towards Mamas that Isn’t too spendy?
- Wardrobe rut: New pieces for spring (this group has been alllllll about plaid and gowns we can’t justify)
- Private clubs? Worth the money?
- What do you wish you knew before you got pregnant?
- If you could spend a long weekend away for me-time, where would you go?
- Daddy weekend’s club (For those of us with forced “me time” thanks to divorce!)
Whether you can help or need help, why not check out a small group today?